Wednesday, August 23, 2006

SQL 2005 agent xps disabled

I have a sql server 2005 clustered named instance. I moved it to the passive node one good day(probably bad day for me :(() and handed over the node to the windows folks for their further blessings. Things were fine as long as the windows support started doing their patching and other firmware updates.

Suddenly my agent said oh buddy im bored and tired running and serving you damn guys, Let me take rest for a while and changed its status to "Agent xps disabled". I started come on dude you got jobs to execute and things to monitor cheer up. our dude was very tired to reply me :((.

I went all the way to the services to see whether the agent services are running. Services said he is doing good with me dude. Some one said go to the surface area configuration ran back to SAC hoping to stop my run there.

oh gosh it didnt stop there SAC said its sad to say butt sorry dude agent is running with me fine. I said nah I dont believe in you lemme restart a couple of times. phewww nothing worked. I started running towards cluster admin nope the agent became a night mare.

oh come on I want to be good guy, hmm ur so bad to hear me lemme take you to our google doctor. wow our doctor gave me tons of prescriptions hmm oh god became another reading, searching and sites says dude you got to pay me to read more. hmm atlast my run seems to stop with the code snipped below from our great SQL Creator none other than Microsoft

use master
go
sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1;
GO
RECONFIGURE;
GO
sp_configure 'Agent XPs', 1;
go
RECONFIGURE
GO
EXECUTE sp_configure 'show advanced options', 0
Go
RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE
GO

Hurreh!!!!!!!!!!!! the agent is back online now. Till now I had no idea like why all of sudden it went offline. Since it used to be online in the other node for months. In the node2 I am not sure. Till checking with Dr.Google for his expert prescription. lemme see.

0 Secrets: